Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Being Crafty

In an effort to help bring the every day life into this blog, I (Kristine) wanted to show you what I've been working on the past few months. It's definitely been a learning curve, but fun. I wanted to make Jenna some dresses, but couldn't figure out how to read the pattern, so I made my own pattern. :)





I took some women's dress socks and made some cute tights for Jenna to wear. It's super easy to do.

I took some old headbands and cut them in half, then sewed flowers on them. Jenna seems to like the headbands...until she pulls them in front of her eyes!




My parents bought me a food dehydrator for Christmas; so I decided to try it out!

This is just a sample of what I've been up to in my "free" time the past few months. I like it because I am learning new practical skills that I can use forever. I hope to make myself a dress if I get good enough. Luckily, I have Jenna to practice on! :)

-Kristine


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job~I love the dresses. They turned out so cute. I love to sew and scrapbook, and all sorts of crafty things. Thanks for stopping by my blog~I have signed up to follow your blog and read more too. I am excited to read more.
Beautiful little girl you have. Hope you have a blessed day.
Hugs
Jill

Natalie said...

Love your site. Look forward to seeing more adventures.