Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Hearts Song..(Posted by Kristine)

God transcends time. Often I (Kristine) find that songs pass the test of time as well. As I was sitting and reflecting tonight a song came to mind. It's a song I've heard many times, but tonight, it just resounds in my soul. It was written years ago (1873) by a woman named Dorothy Greenwell and it's called, " I am not skilled to understand." Little did she know how God would use that song in so many lives, including mine. I find that God speaks often to my heart through song and when I am singing and writing music, I feel a strong connection too. Someday, I might play a song for you, but tonight I wanted to share this song how Dorothy wrote it:

I Am Not Skilled To Understand
By: Dorothy Greenwell


I am not skilled to understand
What God hath willed, what God hath planned;
I only know at His right hand
Is One Who is my Savior!


I take Him at His word indeed;
"Christ died for sinners"- this I read;
For in my hear I find the need
Of Him to be my Savior!


That He should leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die,
You count it strange? So once did I,
Before I knew my Savior!


And oh, that He fulfilled may see
The travail of His soul in me,
And with His work contented be,
As I with my dear Savior!


Yea, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this Spring;
That He Who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior!


God is amazing. He died for each and every one of us. I may not understand why certain things happen and don't happen, but God does. God has a plan. As Aaron Schust wrote in his version of the song,"My Savior loves, my Savior lives, My Savior's always there for me. My God He was, My God He is, My God is always gonna be."  How wonderful is it to believe in such a Savior. The God of hope. The God of healing. The God who gives grace. The God who loves. The God who teaches...etc. He is THE GOD.

As I start a "New Year", I vow to do my best to praise God all the day long. To show appreciation to Him through song and through my words. Will I fail at times? Yes, I am human and born into sin. Unfortunately failure is in my genetics. But guess who doesn't fail? God. When I fail, it's an opportunity for God to teach me. An opportunity for Him to work through my heart and my mind to perfect me and draw me to Him. It's also an opportunity for me to show others that don't believe in God, that I am a real person with real struggles, but the difference is that I have the hope that comes from Christ. I know that no matter how hard things get, no matter how many times I fall on my face in failure, I've got someone in my life that will NEVER give up on me. How amazing is that?

It makes me want to dance, to sing all night, to proclaim this truth to the nations. My soul sings out. I definitely long to share this love with the people of Indonesia. To the people who are losing hope. The people who are hurting. The ones who have given up on believing anything and the ones who think they know the truth, but don't. The ones who think that they have been forgotten and left behind by life. I want to let them know that they are not alone, they are never alone for God is omnipresent and is with them. God can heal their hurts and give them a renewed hope for the future, if they only choose to believe.

 Right now because I am half a world away from those I feel called to minister to, I pray. I pray for those whom I've only met in my dreams and in my thoughts and for those I've never met that they know the saving grace of Christ. I pray for those who believe and are already there that they be open to the opportunities God provides to share the truth and for the protection of God in their lives as they do. That's what's amazing about believing in God, even though I am here, HE is in Indonesia working and hears my prayers. He hears my heart's song. 



No comments: